Hot Products Video and Strong New York Attendance
New York is a great show town in every sense of the word and preliminary attendance is nearly 2,800 distributors from 1,338 firm firms - up more than 7% from 1,247 firms last year. Education Day attracted nearly 450 distributors and is up 8% from year ago. Read the press release here.
Add New York's numbers to the attendance at ASI Orlando in January and a record-setter in Dallas and we've delivered the industry's most successful first-quarter shows.
And the products I saw at the ASI Show this week were the top of the heap (as the song goes).
Watch my products video from the ASI booth featuring unique items like:
- The Flexible Calculator, from Cosmos Fiber (asi/46755). This is a blast. It's made of rubber, solar powered, and has a magnet on the back.
- Kinetic Bands, from Media Tree, (asi/70303). The perfect incentive item. Wear it on your wrist for 60 minutes of exercise and up comes a code that you input into a web site for a reward.
- LED Badge and Mouse, from JMTek Corporate Key (asi/63053). Create your message and the badge or mouse flashes it in LED lights. Personalize it.
- Awards in Motion, from Crystal D (asi/47759). This is a classy item, perfect for promoting events. Etch what you want on the base and on top insert four photos in a cube that spins.
- Grow Cups, from Points of Light Inc. (asi/78825). Great for encouraging clients to "grow their business." All you need to grow flowers comes in a cup, branded with your logo. Add water and voila!
- Antibacterial Credit Card Sprayer, from Custom HBC Corp. (asi/47934). This is a useful credit card-shaped bacterial spray that fits in your pocket.
- And from Berney-Karp (asi/40261), the first glitter imprinting technology, to jazz up products like water bottles. You unscrew the top and there's a mirror inside and room for pills or make up.
Also, I visited Otto Cap International (asi/75350) and discovered innovative cotton caps that have UV protection. Caps are among the most popular advertising specialties and click here to watch the video right from the booth.
And, at ReturnMoi (asi/82261), I found proactive security ID labels that help you find things you lose, even pets. Click here to watch the video.
In other show news, this morning, the Oprah of Madison Avenue - Mary Lou Quinlan - rocked the crowd with some awesome insight every businessman on the planet will certainly attest to: understanding female consumers provide the key to unlocking what works in providing customer service excellence.
In addition to networking and education, last night attendees also enjoyed very special evening at the top of Rockefeller Center. No matter how many times I see the NYC skyline, it never fails to thrill me - especially from the 64th floor.
Tell me your New York stories. Post a comment on the blog now or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.