Wilcom America, Norcross, GA; (800) 657 7500; www.wilcomamerica.com
Cost: Contact vendor for pricing.
What it is: This design software offers multi-decoration for printing, embroidery and bling. The vendor offers free online training, support and in-house training in its Atlanta office.
- User-friendly wizard automates user’s settings based on fabric selection from underlays to stitch density and compensation
- Automatic bordering/outlining on all fonts
- Over 170 keyboard embroidered fonts
- Full license of CorelDRAW X6
- Ability to build a software package as shop grows with Wilcom Elements; add functionalities on an as-needed basis.
- Wilcom stitch processor for true object-based editing of all major stitch files
- Embroidery lettering and branching
- 13 digitizing input tools and auto-digitizing with the ability to edit all design elements after conversion
- CorelDRAW integration.
User review: Doris Boyer, owner of Mom’s Sewing Room Custom Embroidery in Aurora, ON, embroiders everything from towels, aprons and blankets to shirts, jackets and caps, while offering minimums of just one piece. She also creates baby gifts, including plush animal apparel and embroidered aprons for dolls. “There’s a learning curve with Wilcom’s EmbroideryStudio Designing e3.0 software because it’s so powerful,” Boyer says. “The best way to overcome it is to take advantage of the free in-house training the vendor offers. I’ve attended it three times, each time I upgraded, and they’re always congenial and welcoming. It was worth paying the travel costs to be there.”