TREVOSE, PA - September 15, 2010 - Forget boring weenie roasts and ho-hum pigskin passes. Score with the latest tailgating trends by playing a round of sholf and bagging a cornhole before grilling a mail-order steak.
Just in time for the NFL kickoff, the Advertising Specialty Institute uncovers the latest tailgating trends with its first-ever Top 10 list of ultimate tailgating games and gear. According to a study by the Tailgating Institute, a typical tailgater is a college-educated male between 35-44 who hosts and/or attends six to 10 tailgate parties a season, spending over $500 on tailgating food and participating in a variety of interactive games with fellow tailgaters.
“Tailgating is a true piece of Americana and is quickly becoming a serious venue for entertaining and event marketing,” said Timothy M. Andrews, president and CEO of the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI). “Whether you get ready for kickoff with a friendly game of sholf or stick to grilling your favorites, heat up the asphalt with our Top 10 list of awesome tailgating gear for a great, all-round game day.”
The NFL began its 91st season September 9 with a 2010 season opener between the New Orleans Saints and the Minnesota Vikings at the Superdome. To get in the spirit, ASI presents its first-ever Top 10 list of ultimate tailgating games and gear:
- Cornhole. Liven up any corporate event or party with this spirited beanbag toss game that’s simple and fun for all ages. The set is compact, lightweight and customizable.
- Can Handy. Imprint your company logo on this can holder and then slap the magnetized cooler on the side of a car, truck, van, etc. for easy access.
- Steak A Claim. Class up any barbecue with quality steaks delivered frozen and available in a variety of cuts.
- Plateful Of Fun. No more juggling, thanks to this handy food-and-drink combo plate.
- Cool Man. Cooler comes with stand, making it easy for attendees to grab an ice-cold beverage.
- Ladder Toss. The next generation of tailgating games requires players to hurl golf balls tethered to string at a ladder 20 feet away.
- Rest & Relaxation. The ultimate folding chair for any sporting event or corporate pre-game bash.
- Hot Cooker. Mini Weber grill is perfect as a sweepstakes prize or valuable giveaway.
- Sports Cooler. Can cooler comes in a variety of sport-themed designs. A golf ball-inspired cooler is just the thing for a golf-themed event.
- Sholf Green. Bring the golf course to the tailgate. Each green is made with a thick, hand-bound turf to simulate an actual putting green.
The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest media and marketing organization serving the advertising specialty industry, with a membership of over 26,000 distributor firms (sellers) and supplier firms (manufacturers) of advertising specialties. Supplier firms use ASI print and electronic resources to market products to over 22,000 ASI distributor firms. Distributor firms use ASI print and electronic resources, which contain nearly every product in the industry from more than 3,500 reputable suppliers, to locate supplier firms and to market services to buyers. ASI provides catalogs, information directories, newsletters, magazines, websites and databases, and offers e-commerce, marketing and selling tools. Visit ASI online at asicentral.com and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, the CEO's blog and the ASI Social Network.