TREVOSE, PA – October 16, 2012 – In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Advertising Specialty Institute® (ASI) today released its annual Top 10 list of pink-themed products used to help promote the cause and increase awareness of the second leading cause of death among women.
Pink apparel and ribbon-imprinted accessories such as bracelets, shirts, scarves and caps are often worn by runners and walkers before, during and after fundraising events being held worldwide this month. Goody bags given away by fundraising organizers often contain items participants can use during events, such as an umbrella in case of rain, bottled water or a pedometer.
Numerous companies are donating a portion of profits from the sale of pink products to charity. Ford's Warriors in Pink, created by Ford Motor Company to raise awareness of breast cancer, are selling a T-shirt designed by actress Jennifer Aniston. Ford's program supports the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure series, which is holding races in U.S. cities throughout October.
"The dedicated people who walk or run for the cure often carry, wave or wear branded promotional products that help spread the word about breast cancer while raising much-needed funds for research and education," said Timothy M. Andrews, president and chief executive officer of ASI. "The products on ASI's top 10 list of pink-themed products serve as long-lasting reminders of efforts being made every day to fund these programs."
ASI's Top 10 list of pink-themed promo products:
- The Pinnacle Gold Ribbon Pink Golf Ball, from King Par. Pinnacle is a member of Susan G. Komen for the Cure's Million Dollar Council and features the organization's logo on the ball.
- Hot Pink Unisex Hooded Sweatshirt, from SignifyPink. Screenprinted with "Fight Like a Girl," it features a pink ribbon and a pair of boxing gloves.
- Nipple Conceal Modesty Covers, from Pastease. For the security of female patients who prefer not to be exposed during certain out-patient procedures, patient prep and recovery. Made in the USA and latex-free.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Business Card, from Alumicolor, which is donating a portion of the proceeds to breast cancer research.
- Breast Cancer Pocket Slider, in Spanish, from Norwood US. Breast cancer affects one in four women, but with early treatment and diagnosis, many are cured. Chart helps women keep up to date on exams, risk factors, mammograms and breast self-exams.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Seed Paper Matchbook, from Jornik Manufacturing Corp. Each matchbook contains colorful layers of eco-friendly paper embedded with wildflower seeds to plant, water and grow.
- Pink Ribbon Lady Walking Winder, from Jetline. Pink ribbon lady is wound up to walk. An eye-catching way to promote breast cancer awareness and research.
- Women's Health Test Recorder Pocket Pal, from Promotional Slideguide Corp. Helps women understand key health screenings and keep track of important reminders like scheduling breast cancer screenings.
- Pink Ribbon Sunglasses, from Brighter Promotions Inc. Perfect for fundraising and daytime events like walks and rallies.
- Pink Tulip Satin Bag of Blooms, from Western Promotions. Green product that shows off any company's commitment to breast cancer awareness.
The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest media, marketing and education organization serving the promotional products industry, with a network of over 27,000 distributors and suppliers throughout North America.