FACT: Social platform Snapchat has 187 million daily active users, according to the California-based company.
1. If you want to target younger buyers and end-users, Snapchat is a great tool to try. The platform allows users to create visual stories that can only be seen for 24 hours. That means one key to becoming a successful Snapchatter is to constantly provide new content several times a day.
2. If this sounds like a huge time commitment, you can relax – it’s not. Think of the Snap app like a camera that gives followers a window into your brand. Take photos of what makes you and your company interesting. Once you get used to adding filters, lenses and other visual effects, you can fire off more catchy Snaps.
3. Because Snaps are short-lived, they’re great for running product or service promotions. You can start with an exclusive 10% off code, for example.
4. Snapchat is also a good way to recruit local talent. If you have a job opening, or just want to show off your company’s hip culture, Snapchat can set you apart from competitors.
5. If you have a sizeable firm, invite staffers to “take over” your company’s Snapchat account for a day. Cisco has had success with this approach, and you can too.