Supplier INDUSTRY SALES
In September 2014, ASI® commissioned an exclusive survey to estimate industry sales for Q3 2014. The industry outlook for 2014 was also included in the study. Invitations went to ASI supplier members who were the primary contact with their firms and had been in business at least one year. The results of this survey will be published in Counselor PromoGram®, on ASICentral.com and in multiple external media outlets.
A total of 93 supplier firms responded to the survey.
Q3 2014 Sales vs. Q3 2013 Sales
- In total, more than half of suppliers reported a year-over-year increase in third-quarter sales.
- Larger revenue suppliers reported more positive results than smaller ones.
- Nearly six-in-ten suppliers reported an increase in year-over-year sales, with about one in four reporting a decline in Q3 2014 sales compared to Q3 2013 sales.
- Growth rates in Q3 for suppliers registered a 4.7% increase, slightly below that of the last quarter.
- The moving average for supplier year-over-year growth is stable at just over 5%.
- Suppliers with more than $5 million in annual sales are growing at a faster rate than are those with less than $5 million in sales.
- Growth rates for suppliers and distributors converged in Q3.
- Suppliers with $5 million or less in annual revenues are not expecting as strong a year as those with over $5 million in revenues.