Supplier INDUSTRY SALES
In April 2014, ASI® commissioned an exclusive survey to estimate industry sales for Q2 2014. The industry outlook for 2014 was also included in the study. Invitations went to ASI supplier members who were the primary contact with their firms and had been in business at least one year. The results of this survey will be published in Counselor PromoGram®, on ASICentral.com and in multiple external media outlets.
A total of 124 supplier firms responded to the survey.
Q2 2014 Sales vs. Q2 2013 Sales
- In total, more than half of suppliers reported a year-over-year increase in second-quarter sales.
- Larger revenue suppliers reported somewhat more positive results than smaller ones.
- Nearly six-in-ten suppliers reported an increase in year-over-year sales, with about one in six reporting a decline in Q2 2014 sales compared to Q2 2013 sales.
- Growth rates in Q2 for suppliers registered a 5.1% increase, slightly above that of the last quarter.
- The moving average for supplier year-over-year growth is on a slight uptick, and is over 5%.
- Suppliers with $5 million or less in annual sales are growing at a faster rate than are those with over $5 million in sales.
- Growth rates in Q2 for suppliers were at 5.1%, below that of distributors, but up from the previous quarter.
- Suppliers with $5 million or less in annual revenues are not expecting as strong a year as those with over $5 million in revenues.