Distributor Industry Sales
In December 2014, ASI® commissioned an exclusive survey to estimate industry sales for Q4 2014. The end of year summary for 2014 as well as the industry outlook for 2014 were also included in the study. Invitations went to ASI distributor members who had been in business at least one year. The results of this survey will be published in Counselor PromoGram®, on ASICentral.com and in multiple external media outlets.
826 distributor firms responded to the survey.
Q4 2014 Sales vs. Q4 2013 Sales
- In total, just over one-half of distributors reported a year-over-year increase in third-quarter sales.
- Larger revenue distributors reported much more positive results than smaller ones.
- Year-over-year sales continued to swing in a positive direction in Q4 2014 when compared with Q4 2013.
- Large distributors with over $1 million in annual sales are experiencing the greatest growth.
- Quarter-over-quarter industry sales were up for more than half of all distributors in the fourth quarter of 2014 when compared to the fourth quarter of 2013.
- The six quarter moving average continues to trend upwards.
- Nearly two-thirds of distributors reported a sales increase in 2014 compared to 2013.
- Larger revenue distributors experienced even more positive results than smaller revenue distributors.
2014 sales vs. 2013 sales
Counselor Confidence Index
Patterned after The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index®, the Counselor Confidence Index is an indicator designed to measure distributor health, which is defined as the degree of optimism on the state of the industry that distributors are experiencing through the results of their business operations. The value from the industry health question is compared against each respective score since 2001, and an index is derived. The year 2001 was chosen as a benchmark because it was neither a peak nor trough in the business cycle.
Starting with Q1 2013, the Counselor Confidence Index is measured quarterly, instead of annually, to provide more timely information about the state of the industry.
- The Counselor Confidence Index remained relatively unchanged in the third quarter of 2014.