- Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s.
- The 600,000-plus franchised small businesses in the U.S. account for 40% of all retail sales.
- Franchised small businesses provide jobs for 8 million people.
- The small-business sector in America occupies 30%-50% of all commercial space, an estimated 20-34 billion square feet.
- The number of small businesses in the United States has increased 49% since 1982.
- Since 1990, as big business eliminated 4 million jobs, small businesses added 8 million new jobs.
Read more: Small Companies, Big Targets