September and October are important months for women’s health promotions. Present an array of products to your clients in support of the cause.
The last Wednesday in September is National Women’s Health & Fitness Day. It is the nation’s largest health promotion event for women of all ages, focusing on a variety of topics including adolescent health, reproductive health, healthy aging, diet and exercise. This year, on September 8, more than 500 groups across the country will host women’s health and fitness events at senior centers, hospitals, health clubs, park/recreation districts, local health/service organizations, schools, retirement communities, houses of worship and other community locations. An estimated 50,000 to 75,000 women of all ages are expected to participate in these local activities.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month follows in October, which is the top-selling health-care awareness event annually. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. Breast cancer touches all members of the family, so don’t limit awareness promotion to women; having the support group educated and informed is very important as well.
If you have clients in health care, hospitals, doctors, health insurance, senior centers, local health/service organizations and schools, you can start selling Women’s Health and Breast Cancer Awareness promotions right away. Here are seven products and applications to present to your clients:
1. Color Comfort: Hues of Healing Coloring Books for Grownups (#CC104), is available kitted in a poly bag with colored pencils. This is an effective tool to raise awareness for teens and adults. It can also be a helpful distraction for patients when undergoing treatment. Recommend them to hospital gift shops, treatment clinics, schools and senior communities.
2. Neon Pink Sunglasses (#S3000). One hundred percent UV protection delivers a safety reminder that sun protection is important for women’s health. Suggest that sponsors of a walkathon/marathon hand them out to participants.
3. Pink Ribbon Plantable Pin (#690180) is Ideal for fundraising or donor gifts. Use it to plant the idea of better women’s health. Once planted, the flower will grow for a positive message of a healthy lifestyle.
4. An Insulated Pink Mug (#280) is a profitable sale item for a fundraiser or for a health-oriented company store program. Many clients have corporate wellness programs in place. The mug can also be an incentive. Place the mug on an employee’s desk for a constant reminder throughout the day of healthy habits.
5. A Women’s Health Guide & Pocket Calendar (#9500) is a handy calendar that fits in a purse or bag with valuable tips to stay healthy all year. Clinics and physicians can use these to educate patients.
6. Pink Stick Pens (#1231) are translucent pink and handy to hand out at health fairs, wellness events and conferences. Attendees can be given the pen so they have a tool to take notes that later serves as a reminder.
7. Adhesive Wall Calendar: Know Your Risks Breast Cancer Awareness (#WC108). Place in a convenient location; this self-adhesive calendar will be a constant visual cue for women to take charge of their health. Use it as an informative leave-behind at offices for health insurance companies.
It’s not too late to make an important difference in 2016 with women’s health promotions. Fields Manufacturing supports the cause with informative and useful promotional products. Some are even available with 24-hour rush service. “National Women’s Health & Fitness Day and Breast Cancer Awareness Month are both important opportunities for distributors to help their clients spread the word,” says Dave TenEyck, national sales manager at Fields Mfg. “We take pride in providing reliable and budget-friendly awareness items that can be distributed widely at events and fundraisers to audiences of all sizes and demographics.” You can download and customize a free sales flyer to showcase some of the many ways organizations and sponsors can increase awareness and promote healthy habits. Visit www.fieldsmfg.com for the flyer and more ideas to promote women’s health.