TREVOSE, PA - September 15, 2010 - Successful Promotions magazine today released a Top 10 list of the hottest celebrities hawking everything from bottled water to eyewear in sexy marketing campaigns aimed at worldwide audiences.
Successful Promotions, published by the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI), uncovered 10 of the sexiest celebrities promoting products like Armani underwear and drumming up business with top-drawer appearances.
“Judging from the successes of these campaigns, it’s obvious that sex still sells - and that the right celebrity can help a business gain instant attention,” said Timothy M. Andrews, president and chief executive officer of ASI. “Who hasn’t heard of the Jersey Shore gang? Sometimes all it takes is a single photo or one big celebrity to build a brand, capture a consumer’s imagination and sell millions of products.”
ASI’s Top 10 sexiest celebrity marketers are:
- Jennifer Aniston. The former Friends star is promoting her new scent, Lolavie, and appearing in Smart Water campaigns.
- Patrick Dempsey. “Dr. McDreamy” is the spokesman for Versace and appears in ads for Serengeti eyewear and Unscripted, a line of colognes for Avon.
- Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino. The ab-fabulous Jersey Shore star charges $7,500 and up for an event appearance sure to attract the paparazzi.
- Lady Gaga. The Twitterific pop sensation is now creative director of Polaroid, and has lent her name and image to Virgin Mobile, Monster Cable and Viva Glam by MAC Cosmetics.
- Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese soccer stud is the official worldwide spokesmodel for Emporio Armani underwear and Armani Jeans.
- Megan Fox: The star of the blockbuster Transformers is the face of luxury brand Armani.
- Isaiah Mustafa: Portrayed as “The Man Your Man Could Smell Like,” the former NFL player helped Old Spice cologne become the number-one all-time most-viewed sponsored channel on YouTube.
- Sandra Bullock: The Oscar winner is the face of Artistry CrÃ¨me LuXury, an Amway company that hopes its connection to the A-lister will elevate its brand status.
- Scarlett Johansson: The starlet evokes Marilyn Monroe in Dolce & Gabbana perfume and makeup ads, and is the new face of MoÃ«t & Chandon champagne.
- Paris Hilton: The hotel heiress lent her mug to campaigns for Guess and restaurant chain Carl’s Jr. and reportedly gets up to $500,000 for appearances.
The story, “Hot Commodities,” is part of the “Sex (Still) Sells” issue of Successful Promotions, one of six magazines published by ASI. Successful Promotions is read by more than 50,000 corporate marketers throughout North America who are looking for innovative techniques and products to promote their businesses.
The cover story details five successful marketing campaigns that incorporated sexy themes, and includes scintillating promotional products like Sexy Water and the “candom,” a can cooler shaped like an oversized condom. To read the Successful Promotions “Sex (Still) Sells” issue, click here.
For more information, contact Melinda Ligos, ASI’s editor-in-chief and senior VP of professional development, at (215) 953-3434 and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest media and marketing organization serving the advertising specialty industry, with a membership of over 26,000 distributor firms (sellers) and supplier firms (manufacturers) of advertising specialties. Supplier firms use ASI print and electronic resources to market products to over 22,000 ASI distributor firms. Distributor firms use ASI print and electronic resources, which contain nearly every product in the industry from more than 3,500 reputable suppliers, to locate supplier firms and to market services to buyers. ASI provides catalogs, information directories, newsletters, magazines, websites and databases, and offers e-commerce, marketing and selling tools. Visit ASI online at asicentral.com and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, the CEO's blog and the ASI Social Network.