TREVOSE, PA – May 5, 2009 - Advertising Specialty Institute®, announced today it will present a free virtual trade show for advertising specialty industry distributors on Wednesday, May 20, featuring top suppliers, including Dard Products, Maple Ridge Farms and Prime Resources.
The all-day online event will provide opportunities for distributors, suppliers and decorators to network and sell in real-time and distributors can also participate in online ASI education sessions.
“We’re using the web to bring more people together, particularly when salespeople and suppliers need more ways to find each other, find the right products and sell in this economy,” said Timothy M. Andrews, president and chief executive officer of ASI. “One of the smartest things companies can do right now is increase their advertising and marketing to build market share.”
“Virtual events offer an additional cost-effective way for us all to interact, without leaving the office,” Andrews said. “This event is not a substitute for having face-to-face meetings at bricks and mortar trade shows, but provides a productive outlet for more sales staff to attend who otherwise may not be able to travel to industry shows.”
Click here for a video message from Tim Andrews with more information.
Research indicates that online marketers agree virtual events often result in targeted leads and that most people visit at least 16 locations and download five resources. ASI joins companies like Sony and Oracle in employing this technologically advanced way to do business.
Many useful features will be available to attendees during the show, including:
- Exhibit Hall. Visit booths from top suppliers, including Dard Products, Norwood and Prime Resources, and see product demonstrations and request catalogs and samples. Distributors and suppliers can chat online inside each booth.
- Networking Café. Provides distributors with a way to chat online outside of the exhibit hall and share success stories.
- Education Center. Distributors can turn challenges into opportunities with a variety of leading industry education sessions, downloadable white papers and ASI’s latest industry tips and techniques to expand business.
- Catalog & Information Room. One-stop shopping for catalogs and white papers from suppliers, which are all accessible in a PDF format that can be viewed and saved.
- ASI Information Desk. Where to visit with any questions regarding the virtual trade show.
Registration for the ASI Virtual Trade Show is available to distributors for free. When distributors register, they will receive a free download of ASI’s new Distributor Success System – worth over $180 – with tips and proven strategies to spur business. Attendees have a chance to win over $17,000 in cash and prizes, just by visiting and interacting with suppliers in the Exhibit Hall.
The ASI Virtual Trade Show hours are 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time, and the show will be available anytime for six months following the live event.
To register for the ASI Virtual Trade Show, click here. For more information or to become an exhibitor, contact Dan Dienna, advertising director for catalogs and electronics, at email@example.com.
Advertising Specialty Institute is the largest media and marketing organization serving the advertising specialty industry, with a membership of over 26,000 distributor firms (sellers) and supplier firms (manufacturers) of advertising specialties. Supplier firms use ASI print and electronic resources to market products to over 22,000 ASI distributor firms. Distributor firms use ASI print and electronic resources, which contain nearly every product in the industry from more than 3,500 reputable suppliers, to locate supplier firms and to market services to buyers. ASI provides catalogs, information directories, newsletters, magazines, websites and databases, and offers e-commerce, marketing and selling tools. Visit asicentral.com.