TREVOSE, PA - June 30, 2010 - The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) today revealed a Top 10 list of the hottest products with the season's coolest features.
On the lookout for innovation and the all-important fun factor, editors of Counselor magazine scoured creative giveaways in ASI's exclusive promotional products database and discovered the hottest products heating up this season's marketing campaigns.
The Top 10 Coolest Hot Products:
- Electronic Rock Guitar Shirt: Features mini amp and magnetic picks to strum "guitar."
- The CoolerGrill: Keep cold ones cold while you grill. High-end promo appeal.
- USB Wind Turbine: Wow appeal for eco conventions and conservation conferences.
- Flexi-Vase: Lays flat when not in use, then takes on vase shape when filled with water.
- 5-Color Fun Crayon: Perfect for education or day-care promotions/giveaways.
- Matrix Travel Wallet: Great giveaway for executives or traveling salespeople.
- Silicone Oven Mitt: Won't melt, stain or scratch. Never loses its shape.
- Slap-On Watch: Slap on, slap off. Look out, next generation! Comes in 6 colors.
- Can-In-Ball Koozie: Promote teams or beverage companies with a football can cooler.
- Deep-Etched Olive Oil: Etch anything on lovely 750-ml bottle of Italian olive oil.
"Every ad campaign needs an attention-grabbing product to drive home the message, and we've found 10 that really fit the bill for a sizzling summer season," said Timothy M. Andrews, president and CEO of ASI. "No matter what your audience or your aim, this list of fun, functional promo products has something for you."
Promotional products, also known as ad specialties, range from pens and ball caps to wearables, electronics and beyond. The items are imprinted with logos or slogans to market a company, organization, product, service, achievement or event.
According to an ASI study, the average cost-per-impression of an ad specialty item is $0.004, making them one of the most efficient advertising mediums ever. In addition, the study reveals 84% of people remember the advertiser on a product they receive, and one in four said they are more likely to do business with that company.
The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest media and marketing organization serving the advertising specialty industry, with a membership of over 26,000 distributor firms (sellers) and supplier firms (manufacturers) of advertising specialties. Supplier firms use ASI print and electronic resources to market products to over 22,000 ASI distributor firms. Distributor firms use ASI print and electronic resources, which contain nearly every product in the industry from more than 3,500 reputable suppliers, to locate supplier firms and to market services to buyers. ASI provides catalogs, information directories, newsletters, magazines, websites and databases, and offers e-commerce, marketing and selling tools. Visit ASI online at asicentral.com and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, the CEO's blog and the ASI Social Network.