TREVOSE, PA - February 21, 2011 - The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) honored 10 outstanding business leaders at its inaugural Top Women to Watch in the Advertising Specialty Industry Awards ceremony at its recent Women’s Summit headlined by former first lady Laura W. Bush.
The ASI Women’s Summit was held Friday, February 18 in Dallas, Texas. Laura Bush gave the luncheon keynote, entitled “Shaping the Future: Empowering Women Around the Globe.”
Bush, one of America’s most popular first ladies and author of the best-selling memoir Spoken from the Heart, has investigated and showcased successful programs for early childhood education, at-risk youth, global literacy and preservation of our national parks and our country’s national treasures.
“Each woman honored this year is a trailblazer who is making a big impact on the ad specialty industry,” said Nicole Rollender, editor of ASI’s Stitches magazine and director of education. “Recipients include entrepreneurs who started their own businesses with nothing and grew them into super companies, million-dollar salespeople, marketing mavens who always know how to create just the right business buzz, and ad specialty veterans who are the favorite mentors for industry newcomers.”
ASI’s award-winning Advantages magazine will feature the finalists and award winners in its April issue.
The Top Women to Watch in the Advertising Specialty Industry:
- Linda Martinelli, CEO of Proforma Graphic PrintSource (asi/300143), of Corona, CA.
- Leanne Schillinger, sales associate at American Solutions for Business (asi/120075), of Glenwood, MN.
- Mary Ellen Nichols, director of marketing communications at Bodek and Rhodes (asi/40788), of Philadelphia, PA.
- Theresa Roberts, sales associate at Boundless Network (asi/143717), of Austin, TX.
- Bonni Shevin-Sandy, president of Dard Design and vice president of Dard Products Inc. (asi/48500), of Evanston, IL.
- Cindy Qin, vice president of operations at Sweda (asi/90305), of City Of Industry, CA.
- Jo-an Lantz, executive vice president of Geiger (asi/202900), of Lewiston, ME.
- Teresa Moisant, president of Moisant Promotional Products (asi/275276), of Oklahoma City, OK.
- Missy Kilpatrick, executive vice president of Castelli North America (asi/44305), of Sparks, NV.
- Paula Shulman, vice president of sales at Prime Resources (asi/79530), of Bridgeport, CT.
The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest education, media and marketing organization serving the advertising specialty industry, with a membership of over 26,000 distributor firms (sellers) and supplier firms (manufacturers) of advertising specialties. Supplier firms use ASI print and electronic resources to market products to over 22,000 ASI distributor firms. Distributor firms use ASI print and electronic resources, which contain nearly every product in the industry from more than 3,500 reputable suppliers, to locate supplier firms and to market services to buyers. ASI provides catalogs, information directories, newsletters, magazines, websites and databases, and offers e-commerce, marketing and selling tools. Visit ASI online at asicentral.com and on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, the CEO's blog and the ASI Social Network.