10 Hot Golf Destinations (With Giveaways to Match)
Planning a conference or a sales powwow? Need a top-notch award for your highest earners? Don’t forget the golf clubs. Organizing a golf tournament, or just a round on the links, is the perfect way to cement business relationships and create a memorable experience for attendees. Here are 10 hot resorts to consider, plus some of the hottest golf giveaways on the market.
1. The Cloister – Sea Island, GA Golf: Head to the Cloisters' Seaside Course, an inspiring course graced by majestic ocean vistas in the tradition of St. Andrews. Next is the Plantation Course, faced by enticing marsh and forest. End at the dramatic Davis and Mark Love designed Retreat Course. Relax and Dine: With 65,000 square feet of spa, you'll have more than enough space to indulge your guests. If they still want more pampering, send them to the Cloister's Georgian Room where they can enjoy milk-poached chicken, potato dumplings with tarragon mustard and golden tile fish with Maine lobster, artichokes and carrot confit.(175 guest rooms; 13,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: Marshes and forests make for attractive golf courses, but they can drive golfers crazy when it comes to finding balls. Equip your squad with this Pocket Ball Retriever that fits inside most golf bag apparel pockets. asi/62536
2. The American Club – Kohler, WI Golf: Your guests will be in for a treat with the American Club's Whistling Straits course, a dramatic throwback to golf's Irish heritage, sculpted like a rough Hibernian gem into the craggy Wisconsin coastline. Relax and Dine: After a day of golf, usher your attendees to the Kohler Waters Spa where they'll enjoy the soothing spa treatments and the glass-enclosed rooftop deck with whirlpool, fireplace and lounge. Once they're relaxed, send them back to the Whistling Straits Restaurant for British Isles cuisine and knockout Lake Michigan views. (239 guest rooms; 22,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: Complement the Irish ambience of Whistling Straits by placing this Luck Of The Irish Stainless-Steel Golf marker on your guests' pillows. asi/91354
3. The Broadmoor – Colorado Springs Golf: If your guests are ready to tackle one of Colorado's toughest courses featuring challenging greens, fantastic views at every hole and wildlife galore, the Broadmoor's Mountain Course is the one for you. Relax and Dine: Planning a weekend stay? Be sure to book your group for the Broadmoor's Lake Terrace Sunday Brunch featuring over 100 items, elegant ice sculptures and easy-listening piano music. The Eggs Benedict are a must. Overheard from a customer: "Best omelet I ever had." (700 guest rooms; 185,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: It takes additional nutrition to tackle a tough course like this one, so gift your duffers with this Insulated Cooler Bag filled with smoked almonds, dolcetto wafer rolls, hot cocoa drink and popcorn. asi/42421
4. The Wynn Las Vegas Resort Golf: Tell your Vegas guests to pack their clubs and head for the Wynn's Tom Fazio course: a player's paradise featuring breathtaking waterfalls and a forest of trees that envelop the fairways to create a challenging course that demands strategy. Relax and Dine: The Wynn features the best in Vegas clubs, including Blush, a nightspot with 300 color-changing lanterns; and Tryst, set among 200-year-old trees and a man-made mountain. When they get hungry, they'll find everything from pizza to cuisine prepared by world-renowned chefs. (2,716 guest rooms; 200,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: Your guests may run out of cash in Vegas, but you don't want them to run out of golf tees. This set of Durable Plastic Tees comes with hanging features that attach to belt loop or bag. asi/47700
5. The Inn At Palmetto Bluff – Bluffton, SC Golf: Want to treat your duffers to a Low Country landscape worthy of a Pat Conroy novel? The majestic oaks and serene May River landscapes that grace the Palmetto Bluff's signature Jack Nicklaus Course fit the bill. Relax and Dine: "Baths on the Bluff" are the order of the day for your guests at the Palmetto Bluff Spa, featuring relaxed bathing on private outdoor verandas overlooking sprawling countryside and maritime forests. Afterwards, indulge them at the resort's River House Restaurant where relaxed elegance meets farm-fresh Low Country cuisine. (62 guest rooms; 5,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: It's downright pretty when it rains in Bluffton, as long as your guests are not out on the links. Protect them with this Emergency Rain Poncho that's encased in a golf ball shell and comes equipped with a handy clip. asi/90859
6. The Resort At Pelican Hill, Newport Beach Golf: At Pelican Hill's ocean courses, your guests can stand at cliffs' edge to watch seabirds glide in the ocean breezes. Moving inland introduces a flow of contrasts from brushy gardens framed by eucalyptus trees to greens bordered by deep chasms. Relax and Dine: Escort your crew to the Pelican's 22 spa treatment rooms before treating them to a dining experience at Andrea where skilled chefs recreate cuisine Italia. Just like in Rome, you'll find fresh pastas, artisan-style gelato and a sophisticated wine list. (204 guest rooms; 20,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: Keep your guests' golf clubs from getting scraped or damaged while playing Pelican Hill's ups and downs by offering these Neoprene Club Covers that are suitable for logoing. asi/49813
7. The Gasparilla Inn & Club – Boca Grande Golf: Many Florida golf courses are legends, but the Gasparilla's course stands out due to its "island within an island" layout. Mixed skill groups do well here, as the course features five sets of tees designed to challenge all levels of players. Relax and Dine: Enjoy southeastern ambience at Sunset On The Beach, the Gasparilla's private Beach Club located on the Gulf of Mexico. Besides fantastic sunsets, the Beach Club serves up live music, lite dinner fare, snacks and all your favorite beverages. (139 guest rooms; 6,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: Don't let your guests get caught out on Gasparilla's island course without the proper equipment. Give them this Multipurpose Groove Tool that combines a divot device, scrubbing brush and ball marker in one easy-to-use unit. asi/88794
8. RenaissanceBirminghamRossBridge Golf Club Golf: Get your guests ready for the Ross Bridge's 8,191-yard course, the fourth longest in the world, with a set of links that will test their skills. It's been touted as the crown jewel of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, and there's a driving range to practice. Relax and Dine: Ross Bridge has been compared to a Scottish Manor due to its genteel ambiance featuring European-style amenities and elegant service – not to mention its decadent Aveda Spa. Be sure to book ahead for Brocks, an eclectic eatery that boasts an exciting array of tapas, beef and fresh seafood. (259 guest rooms; 21,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: The fourth longest course in the world demands this Digital Range Finder. Equip your guests with one before they start the grand trek. asi/52207
9. The Ritz-CarltonDoveMountain – Tucson Golf: Invite your golfing enthusiasts to watch the world's top players compete in Champion Match Play each February at the Ritz's Dove Mountain Course before having a go at it themselves. The high Sonoran Desert setting will bring out their best. Relax and Dine: If golf isn't enough, your guests can enjoy hot-air ballooning, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking and jeep tours. After a spa treatment, offer them an under-the-stars Ritz cookout featuring healthy entrees to get them ready for the next days' activities. (253 guest rooms; 44,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: With all of those players at Dove Mountain, it's important that your guests keep track of their golf bags. Assist them with these colorful Guy And Gal Bag Tags made of soft, flexible PVC. asi/54597
10. Turning Stone Resort & Casino – Verona, NY Golf: Turning Stone has five award-winning golf courses, but our favorite is Kaluhyat, marked by dramatic changes in elevation and spectacular views of the surrounding terrain. Six lakes add to the ambience and make for challenging play. Challenge your shot makers here, where accuracy and strategy are rewarded. Relax and Dine: Your guests will work up an appetite, shuttling between golf and 24-hour casino gaming, so offer them a protein fix at Turning Point's Forest Grill Steakhouse featuring great steaks and chops, the finest seafood and fresh Maine lobsters. Comfortable, high-back chairs and a copper-crowned fireplace add to the experience. (711 guest rooms; 22,000 square feet of meeting space) Great Giveaway: Your guests will need something to keep score at this exciting course. Offer them this Electronic Golf Score Counter that keeps track of all 18 holes. asi/79682
Win $100 & Gain Access to Great Ideas
Sign up now and enjoy The Joe Show, where our very own Joe Haley features cool new promotional product ideas. Access case studies in every industry that showcase the hottest new marketing campaigns. You can even submit your own case studies and be eligible to win a $100 MasterCard gift card. Plus, network with other businesspeople looking to pump up their marketing efforts. Click here to get started today.
The Slamdance Film Festival is an annual event held in Utah at the same time as the Sundance Film Festival. Slamdance is reserved for independent films.
Every year, Slamdance orders branded lanyards to hold the passes for the event. Kelly Calligan, sponsorship and marketing manager with the organization, says the distributor they worked with offered a wide variety of what they were looking for.
"This year the festival's theme circled around candy, and our main imagery was that similar to a LifeSaver," Calligan says. "We had the idea of handing out Slamdance candy at the festival, so I decided to check what was available. Much to my surprise, we learned we could have printed labels on actual LifeSavers that looked identical to this year's central artwork. This was without a doubt one of the coolest things at the festival this year and earned our marketing team a lot of praise."
Calligan obtained three items for the event: custom-label LifeSavers candies, lanyards with a bull clip and a concert pass holder. Two days before the event, Slamdance reached out for 200 more lanyards and concert pass holders, which they were able to get to the Park City, UT, event in less than 24 hours. All parties involved were very pleased with the amount of buzz they've drummed up.
Need a unique product for your next promotion? Contact your ad specialty distributor for help.
Awards Whether you’re honoring the employee of the year, a top sales rep or the golf tournament winner, there’s an award for every occasion.
AROUND THE GLOBE MOVA globe in copper black features an optional arched black wood base. Globe slowly rotates when touched by light without the use of wires or batteries. Perfect as an academic achievement award. asi/63776
KEEPING TIME Clock is shaped like a locomotive,and also holds business cards and a memo pad. Made of die-cast metal housing. Ideal as an award or employee gift. asi/71370
CRYSTAL CLEAR Crystal award is 100% custom-made and features a full-color photo film-finished backing with sub-surface laser-engraving. asi/47782
KNOCK ON WOOD Frame with a full-color imprint is made of eco-friendly mango wood, and measures 9 ¾" x 14 ¼" with an 8" x 10" photo insert. Give to an employee of the month. asi/62195
BURST OF COLOR Award is made of multicolored art glass and features a polished aluminum and black marble base. Ideal as an employee achievement gift. asi/93986
SCULPT IT Sculpture is made with 24K gold with jade glass and a black marble base. Perfect performance award. asi/37650
National Win With Civility Month
When people conduct themselves and their businesses in a civil manner, they confirm their worth and acknowledge the worth of others. August can be a time for any business to reaffirm its ethics policy and to strengthen its mission statement. Conduct business in a way that does not belittle or demean either potential clients or competitors. Begin the month-long event by making proclamations through social media like Twitter and Facebook. Post videos of corporate officials pledging to conduct business in a civil manner. And visit clients to send the message. You should be armed with logoed products like coffee mugs, pen and pencil sets and USB flash drives. Your distributor can help you flesh out the fine details.
4 Single Working Women’s Day
Today is the day to shine the spotlight on all those single working women that make your company tick. Be they top-level executives or the receptionist that answers the phone – recognize their importance and contribution to your company. Host a networking event so that other single working women within the business community can share ideas and find mentors. The event should include a gift bag and your distributor can help you find a lot of promotional products perfect for women in business.
7 National Night Out
Held annually on the first Tuesday of August, national Night Out is held to increase crime prevention by having neighbors sit on their front porches throughout the evening. As a good corporate citizen, you can get involved by sponsoring a town watch group or other neighborhood groups. Volunteer to conduct foot patrols and bring along lots of logoed products like flashlights, T-shirts, caps, water bottles etc. An event like this will go a long way with people in the community.
25 Kiss-And-Make-Up Day
Who hasn’t made a mistake that they just can’t seem to be forgiven for? Well, today is the day to get you out of the business doghouse. While no one wants to create a problem for clients, the truth is, they happen. If you need to atone for something, large or small, use today to visit clients to apologize. Be sincere and bring gifts like logoed chocolates.
Solve This Dilemma
Every month, Successful Promotions launches a new contest where we ask you, our readers and Facebook fans, for your most creative ideas for solving businesses’ dilemmas. Each entry should be 50 words or less, and a promotional product must be part of the solution to the challenge. Send all entries to email@example.com by the specified deadline in order to qualify for a free gift. Winners will be randomly selected from all entries.
The Hit Parade. A retail store called The Hit Parade buys and sells used vinyl albums. It’s about to launch its annual buy-and-sell event on the 25th anniversary of its founding. While the owners will be playing music and providing food and drink for customers, they also want to provide those people who come in with a cool logoed product that reflects what it is they do. What sorts of things can the record shop offer? Send your best ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2012.
Plastic Necker Cards - Fits any bottle or can and is quick and easy to attach. Eye catching – 4-color process on both sides makes it ideal for point of purchase promotions, coupons, or delivering product information. Choose from 100s of stock shapes and sizes. asi/42989
Our new Tag2spin™ allows six prizes to be awarded by the spin of our
digital mobile prize wheel. Capture participant contact data.
• Set up in 5 minutes • Branded with your logo
• Unique redemption number • additional custom features asi/57851
Just for Women Promos is highlighting a pedicure kit complete with two bottles of polish, nail clippers, and toe separators, in an organza bag. Choose from over 150 assorted polish shades. One color imprint included in price. Perfect for promotional products, give away, and bonus with purchase. Production time: 6-8 weeks. All products made in USA. asi/49640 * PPAI 319488 *SAGE 68050 UPIC #Diamond1.
Our lip balms contain SPF 15 and are made in an FDA approved facility in the U.S.A. Containing premium natural and organic ingredients our lip balms are quickly becoming a customer favorite. Perfect for fundraisers, charity events, school functions, spas, dentist offices and so much more! Get them now as low as $0.77. asi/62088
Silicone bands: Introducing our premium silicone bands and super low prices with 5 day rush available. Our silicone bands are perfect for schools, sports teams, businesses, charity fundraisers and individuals to raise funds and advertise your message in a fashionable way. Get them now as low as $0.38. asi/62088
Advertise your message or company everywhere you go with car sign magnets! Beautiful 4 color process imprint. Through July 31, with promo code CSMag12, you can get a 10% discount on your next catalog quantity order! asi/68507
Accolades abound! Your best wishes will be sweeter with fudgy Belgian dark chocolate Fairytale Brownies. The snack-sized Sprites gift is hand packed in a rich, brown box and wrapped with a festive Congratulations band. All Fairytale brownies and cookies are certified kosher for dairy.asi/53518
Get Yard Signs Fast! Corrugated plastic signs are the best way to get the word out on a budget for your event, campaign or business. Give them to your community and let them help you spread the word. Great for small businesses, campaigns, schools, churches and other organizations! Made in the USA. asi/54322
a trademark of the Advertising Specialty Institute. Copyright
2012, ASI. All Rights Reserved.
Specialty Institute®, 4800 Street Road,
Trevose, PA 19053