Industry professionals are certainly not strangers to physical product samples and how powerful they can be for landing sales. However, with the emergence of new technology, virtual samples are becoming increasingly popular amongst distributors.
No matter which type of sample you use, they help close sales – as much as 80%, in fact. When a client hears a description of an imprinted mug and tries to try to visualize the finished product, it’s not nearly as effective as holding that mug in their hand, or seeing an image of it imprinted with their company logo in the proper size and location.
Here are some of the benefits of using physical samples to build your customer base:
- Prospects can take home the sample as a reminder of your services. Hint: Imprint giveaway samples with your contact information so they’ll know just how to reach you if and when they decide to buy.
- They are able to physically see the size, shape and quality of the item. Hint: Never sacrifice quality for cost. High-quality promotional items will last longer, increasing the chance for maximum brand exposure.
- You can always have them on hand. Hint: Use small, lightweight items as your giveaway samples so you can carry them around wherever you go. You never know when you’ll run into a potential sale.
Here are some of the benefits of virtual samples:
- Prospects can see their logo on the product instead of visualizing it. Hint: Try to choose products that will best show off the client’s logo. If the client’s logo doesn’t pop, it can be adjusted in ESP® so you can show it off to best effect.
- Virtual samples take seconds to produce and are easily shared via email. Hint: Encourage clients to share these product images with other people within their network. Impressive virtual samples with lightning-fast turnaround times are a guaranteed way to get referrals!
- You can show a prospect multiple types of products instead of just one. Hint: With ESP and ESP Websites™, you can instantly digitally imprint all enabled products with a client’s logo, planting seeds for future orders and even enhancing the chances they might purchase more than one item at a time.
To fully harness the power of product samples, the best practice is to use a combination of both physical and virtual samples to promote your services. Physical samples really shine as giveaways at trade shows and networking events, and virtual samples are effective when shared with prospects during follow-up phone calls and sales meetings.