Is your website’s content, design and user experience drawing visitors in and keeping them there? We’ve put together a list of five key areas of your site that shouldn’t be neglected. Check your website against our list to see how it stacks up.
- Call to Action – The first thing you should ask yourself is: “What action do I want my visitors to take?” Does your website ask them to search for products, contact you or make a purchase? Whatever your call to action (CTA) is, be sure that it is clear, prominent and noticeable on your website’s homepage. The CTA should be apparent to a viewer within five seconds of visiting your page.
- Brand Identification – A great way to ensure you’re maintaining brand consistency is to check that the same colors, fonts and language are used throughout all of the pages of your site. You can also include your company’s mission statement or tagline in the Introduction or About Us text to communicate your unique brand identity to site visitors.
- User Experience – Visitors and shoppers want three things when they view a website: clarity, simplicity and ease of use. Check that your website is easy to navigate and as user-friendly as possible by making it clear to visitors who you are, what services you offer and what you want them to do.
- Company Credibility – Does your website make the visitor feel secure, trusting and confident in your services? It should! Evoking these emotions from your visitors is a critical step toward landing more online sales. This is especially important if you’re accepting online payments and the visitor is asked to key in sensitive credit card information. Make it clear that you are an established, professional business that prioritizes customer service and payment security.
- Relevant Content – Keeping your website content fresh makes you appear more relevant in online searches. When search engines like Google© crawl the Internet, one factor that weighs into their organic ordering of search results is the frequency at which content is updated. The longer you go without adding new content, the more likely your business will appear further down the list of returned search results.
ESP Websites™ are the perfect choice for promotional product professionals since they are the only websites in existence that contain ESP® search capability, mobile-friendly design and built-in Virtual Sample technology. They can also function as your online store, accepting credit card payments so you can get paid in real time with no delays. ESP Websites also offer Custom Built options, with packages starting as low as $299, for those distributors who are interested in custom work. Click here to learn more about our Custom Built options.