Six students at Moore College of Art & Design in Philadelphia are competing in Wearables' new Fashion Faceoff contest. Juniors in Moore's fashion program have spent the year desigining and constructing athleisure looks, and we added on to their assignment, asking them to create an original embellishment design for a blank garment from Vantage Apparel. Check back regularly to learn more about Lucy and her work.
Name: Lucy Sanchez
Hometown: International student from Honduras
Q. Who is your design inspiration?
A. Artist Gabriel Dawe
Q. How would you describe your design aesthetic?
A. My design aesthetic is very geometrical and inspired by abstraction. Working with different angles and structured details is what makes my garments more unique. It’s a sophisticated look that is playful with pops of vibrant color.
Q. Where do you see yourself in five years?
A. Working for a company in New York, learning techniques from amazing designers and learning the business of fashion.
- Check out Lucy's lookbook to see her athleisure looks in progress.
- Watch this video to learn why Lucy entered the Fashion Faceoff contest.
- Check out this slideshow to see Lucy's screen-printing concept for Vantage.
- Watch this video to find out what Lucy learned from working with Vantage.
- Find out what the judges had to say about Lucy's athleisure mini-collection.
- See Fashion Faceoff contestants' looks walk the runway.
The winner has already been selected by a panel of experts, but we want to know who you think won the Fashion Faceoff! Vote now.