GroupeSTAHL, St. Clair Shores, MI; www.cadworxlive.com
Cost: Contact vendor for pricing; Cadworxlive currently offers a free Bronze Membership and will begin offering Silver and Gold Memberships in 2015.
What it is: CadworxLive is a Web-based graphic design system developed to simplify the design-to-production workflow processes typical in most personalization, sign and custom products businesses.
- CadworxLive will undergo a complete makeover later in 2015. Expect to see a new Web portal focused on training, education and customer support, a brand-new Design Studio 3 application with tablet and touch capabilities and improved integration with a host of new digital cutters and print-and-cut devices
- Every CadworxLive membership includes the new, improved VectorCut 2.0 cut driver and offers premium artwork created by industry expert Dane Clement.
- Largest text effects library available anywhere
- Unique split-front process
- Ability to output to a variety of production methods including: CAD-CUT; digital-print heat transfers; digital print and cut; screen printing and direct-to-garment printing
- Can be used to create files for appliqué when used in conjunction with Twill Stitch Pro or Ioline 301 software
Membership includes: Design Studio; CAD-CUT Easy Teams; thousands of pieces of clipart; hundreds of design layouts; a huge font selection; Cadworx Creations Gallery; and VectorCut, a cut driver developed exclusively for CadworxLive.
User review: “I’d recommend this software to anyone,”says Debbie Wiersema, owner of D&M Embroidery in Fulton, IL, where she caters to baseball teams, softball teams, schools and special events, such as bachelorette parties and funeral memorials. “CadworxLive is easy to use and it’s one of the primary software programs I use. It’s so easy to import designs.”Wiersema also appreciates the service she’s received from GroupeSTAHL. “They’re awesome to work with,”she says. “If I have issues, they’re there to walk me through step by step.”
DecoNetwork (asi/177784), Whittier, CA; (855) 332-6638; www.deconetwork.com
Cost: Subscription starting from $39 per month.
What it is: This online designer, website and business software is tailor-made for the printing and embroidery industry, and makes it easier for customers to do business with decorating shops.
- Quick-quote submission for instant price on shop’s website
- Transfer and rhinestone template processes
- Direct purchasing with major industry suppliers
- Hundreds of micro features as part of the regular two week releases.
- Business Hub: Quote, order, purchasing and production management software
- Online designer for customers to self-serve and check out online
- Support for direct-to-garment printing, screen printing, embroidery, sublimation, rhinestone template and transfers.
Buyer’s note: This software is a good choice for printers, embroiderers and decorators looking to manage their business and grow new opportunities through online sales. There are more than 26,000 North American-based customers using the DecoNetwork platform.
InkSoft Design Studio
InkSoft Inc., Tempe, AZ; (800) 410-3048; www.inksoft.com
Cost:Contact vendor for pricing; flexible options available.
What it is: Design Studio is a custom interactive online designer made for printers by printers. It has been redesigned and re-engineered using HTML5 technology, allowing customers to design from Web, tablet or mobile device. Design Studio also has a new user interface.
- Thousands of new premium design templates and clip art (more than 10,000 total)
- Online fundraising Web store technology
- Company/spiritwear store themes
- Online art approval, quoting and invoicing features.
- Clients can design online from a decorating shop’s website
- Embeddable, which allows user to add it to existing website
- Player names and numbers feature
- Quick quoting and shopping cart
- Save and share feature.
- Distress vintage effects.
Buyer’s note: Design Studio is for decorators, especially printers, who want to leverage the potential and power of online marketing.
User review: Los Angeles-based Gary Lewis, formerly the CEO of a custom decorated-apparel business, was an early user of InkSoft Design Studio about three to four years ago, after finding it through an Internet search. “I needed software that would support in-house customization,”he says. “We mostly filled orders for jerseys and T-shirts for high school football, baseball and basketball teams. My work has changed, but if I still did that kind of customization, I’d definitely be using it.”He also had a positive experience with InkSoft’s customer service. “The system is very easy to learn,”he says, “but if you have trouble, you can call InkSoft 24/7.”