GroupeSTAHL, St. Clair Shores, MI; www.cadworxlive.com
Cost: Free membership for all qualified GroupeSTAHL Sales Alliance customers.
What it is: CadworxLive is a Web-based graphic design service for garment decorators and sign makers with tools for design, production and promotion.
- Improved Web portal
- Mode-based designer built from the ground up to work with the Roland VersaCAMM, the new Epson direct-to-garment printer and a host of digital cutters
- Membership includes new and improved VectorCut 2.0 cut driver and offers premium artwork created by industry expert Dane Clement.
- Large text effects library and unique split-front process
- Robust set of design tools and short learning curve
- Ability to output to a variety of production methods, including CAD-CUT, digital print heat transfers, digital print and cut, screen printing and direct-to-garment printing
- Creates files for appliqué when used in conjunction with Twill Stitch Pro or Ioline 301
- Membership includes: Design Studio, CAD-CUT Easy Teams, thousands of pieces of clipart, hundreds of design layouts, a huge font selection, Cadworx Creations Gallery and VectorCut, a powerful cut driver developed exclusively for CadworxLive 196.
User review: Jamie Witt, owner of Witty Wear in Falls City, NE, offers heat press, screen printing, embroidery and rhinestones, and is a satisfied CadworxLive user. “I’ve had nothing but the best experience with CadworxLive,” she says. “The Design Studio has so many clip-art graphics to choose. You can add effects to your text, and there are smart sizing options and an import/export option right to VectorCut.” Witt says one of her favorite features is the Easy Teams program, which allows users to insert rosters, team names and numbers, and to save the list for repeat orders. “This software is very easy to use and it’s free, which is great,” Witt says. “The vendor does offer Premium Clip Art, but you can view the designs before you purchase them and they’re sent directly to your CadworxLive software.”