MULTI-HEAD EMBROIDERY MACHINES
Barudan America Inc., Solon, OH;
Cost: Contact manufacturer for price.
What it is: This multi-head machine is available with two, four, six or eight heads. With an 8.4" LCD display, it boasts 100 memory locations and a 20 million-stitch capacity.
- SmartHead sewing head
- Fewer oiling points and better access
- Servo motors for increased production
- Shorter throat plate for better cap embroidery
- Larger standard sewing field at 18" by 17".
- Three USB ports
- Mark 7 trimmers
- Standard LAN connector for Barudan's networking software
- Reinforced steel frame
- Sewing heads and table raised 4" for better ergonomics.
User review: Gene Conroy, owner and president of Treefrogg Specialties Inc. near Cincinnati, heads a shop that offers embroidery, screen printing, heat-press and rhinestones. "I'm 100% loyal to Barudan, based on how I've been treated and their customer service," he says. "Plus, their machines are made with sturdy cast-iron frames. When I found them, I looked no further." When Conroy first bought his machines, he needed them quickly. Barudan worked with Conroy on financing so he was able to set up and fulfill orders immediately. "If you have any questions, they'll call you back in an hour," he says. "The schematics and literature are second to none, and their warranty is the best I've seen."
Hirsch International Hauppauge, NY;
Cost: Contact manufacturer for price.
What it is:
This multi-head automatic embroidery machine has features that include a middle thread guide that cuts threading time in half. The manufacturer has decreased needle wobble by 60%.
Digitally controlled presser foot adjusts to fabric thickness for easier sewing with fewer thread breaks and tension
Buyer's note: This machine is a good choice for shops that specialize in challenging jobs such as 3-D foam, leather and highly intricate designs.
User review: "There wasn't much of a learning curve on this machine for us because we had already used a touchscreen," says Bruce Perryman, MAS+, owner of Embroidery Unlimited Inc. in Phoenix. "We did have to learn some of the features, like adjusting the presser foot. We really like that the needle bar is now on a separate shaft from the presser foot as well." Besides small mechanical differences from some early models, "getting trained on this machine was pretty seamless," Perryman says. He adds that it runs quietly and is easy to maintain. "We love working with Hirsch," he says. "We've been buying from them for 25 years."
Scan this code to view and download the Melco EMT16 brochure.
Melco International, Denver;
Cost: Contact distributor for price.
What it is: This is a 16-needle, multi-head modular embroidery machine with a large 15.7" by 16.1" sew field, meant for designs on jacket backs, bags, blankets and other large products.
- Embroidery production times reduced by 20% on average compared to previous Melco machines
- Combines patented Acti-Feed system with a simplified user interface, for easier operation and training
- Stand designed for mobility, strength and functionality; includes large open space under pantograph, allowing bulky items to move with machine
- Sturdy wheels and optional removable tabletop.
- Melco EMT16s operate independently on the same network
- Small cylindrical lower arm enables embroiderers to personalize a variety of products
- Network-based to create multi-head production environments
- Operating and embroidery software included.
Buyer's note: Buyers are typically business startups or large enterprises that want efficient production, low operation costs and maximum sew speed.
MESA Distributors Inc. (asi/16004),
Fort Worth, TX; (800) 330-3867;
Cost: Contact manufacturer for price.
What it is: This 15-needle multi-head commercial embroidery machine comes with a five-year warranty and is available in two-, four-, six- or eight-head models. With a maximum speed of 1,000 spm, the machine has features that include an automatic thread trimmer and thread-break detection.
- Control panel features a 10" color LCD display
- Built-in memory holds 2 million stitches, up to 99 designs.
- 8 500mm by 450mm (19.6" by 17.7") sewing fields
- Quick-change cap and hooping system
- Automatic color change, design trace and stitch filtering
- Built-in noise reduction technology.
Buyer's note: The Highland two-head embroidery machines are well-suited for small shops needing more embroidery heads, while the four-, six- and eight-head machines are an excellent choice for larger shops looking for high-production, commercial-quality machines.
RiCOMA International Corp.
(888) 292-6282; www.ricoma.us
Cost: Contact manufacturer for factory-direct price.
What it is: RiCOMA's new four-head, 15-needle industrial embroidery machine has an all-servo system and a large 20" by 17.7" embroidery area. It's also available in six heads and comes with a five-year warranty. This fast and quiet machine has a 2 million-stitch memory and a 270 degree-wide cap system.
- Maximum speed of 1,000 spm
- Newly developed small arm reduces the space between the cap device and needle plate for better embroidery on caps.
- Suitable for flat, cap and finished garments embroidery
- Automatic color change, thread trimmer, thread-break detector
- USB port ready
- 5" LCD display shows real-time stitching
- Pre-sew design trace-capable
- Up to 18" by 18" on tubular
- In stock for immediate delivery.
Texmac Inc., Charlotte, NC;
Cost: Contact vendor for price.
What it is: This is a multi-head machine line with two, four, six or eight heads. Each machine includes a 40 million-stitch/250-design memory, a 450mm by 360mm sewing field and a maximum speed of 1,100 spm.
- Large 10" color touchscreen control allows all major functions to be performed from the main screen
- Customizable front screen
- Onboard program improves design management
- Machine-generated production and error reports.
- 3" by 14" cap sewing field allows sewing of front and sides of cap in single hooping
- Built-in network and USB connections for PC
- Dual set of hoops included with each unit, including cap sewing system
- Two hoops of each size included per sewing head
- Compact enough to wheel through a standard door
- Networks with all current Happy machine models; operators can manage multiple Happy machines from one PC
- Onsite installation/training included with purchase.
Buyer's note: This machine is a good investment for production embroiderers at a premium for space, as well as production and contract embroiderers who handle large quantity orders.
ZSK USA Inc., Franklin, NH;
Cost: Please contact manufacturer for price.
What it is: Made in Germany, this commercial embroidery machine is available with one, two, four, six or eight heads and includes a memory of 80 million stitches and a maximum speed of 1,000 spm. Embroidery field measurements are 70mm by 360mm for caps, 405mm by 395mm for tubular goods, 495mm by 700mm for single motives and 700mm by 3,200mm for the border frame.
- Optional quick-change system for all frames
- Designed shoe frame with wide embroidery field at 124mm by 175mm or 4.88" by 6.89"
- ZigZag EP3 cording device
- Software version for advanced network functionality.
- Operation modes: tubular, cap and border frame
- Thread control, low noise and error analysis
- Automatic thread trimmer and back-stitch function
- Adjustable presser foot
- Embroidery field depth of 500mm or 19.69" for the JAFA and 700mm or 27.56" for the JNFA
- T8-2 control terminal
- Windows-based networking.
Buyer's note: This machine is a good choice for promotional products, corporate fashion, club wear and individualization on different textiles.
Go back to The Machine Guide