Turn a plain stuffed animal into a souvenir or promotional item for your clients.
1. Unzip the animal and remove the stuffing pods inside. The stuffing from the body absolutely needs to be removed. Taking the stuffing from the head is optional, but may result in smoother hooping and an easier stitch-out.
2. Using a 6” hoop and one sheet of medium-weight cutaway embroidery backing on the back with a piece of water-soluble topping on the front, hoop the section of the animal to be embroidered. Make sure the sew-out area is hooped tautly, but not too tight and is free of wrinkles. Painters’ tape or sewing tape may be used to keep the sew-out area smooth. Position the hoop in your embroidery machine and embroider the design.
3. Remove the backings. Snip away the cutaway with scissors.
4. Restuff both the animal’s head and the body with the stuffing pods and zip the animal shut.
5. Prepare your final cuddly stuffed animal to go to your end-buyer.