Clean up with this fun gag gift or promotional item.
1. Start with a roll of toilet paper. A two-ply or thicker roll may work better. Unroll enough of the toilet paper so that there’s enough slack that when the machine embroiders, the paper can move without tearing.
2. Cut a piece of cutaway stabilizer the size of one sheet of toilet paper. Spray the stabilizer with spray adhesive; this will hold the toilet paper in place. Fold the toilet paper over the stabilizer so that it’s covered by four sheets.
3. Hoop the folded toilet paper and the stabilizer. Any hoop can be used. Make sure that the toilet paper is positioned so the hoop can move freely without tearing the paper. Embroider your client’s selected design.
4. Unhoop the toilet paper and cut away the excess stabilizer. Rewind the toilet paper onto the roll. A small bit of super glue can hold it in place.
5. Once the embroidery is completed, wrap your embroidered roll in clear plastic wrap, which can be sealed with a bow. Your embroidered toilet paper is ready to be delivered to your client.
Tip Don’t limit your market. Embroidered toilet paper may seem like something only used as a gag gift, but that isn’t always the case. A roll of embroidered toilet paper may be the perfect calling card for a plumber, or a store that sells bathroom fixtures. It may also be a fancy element in restaurant or hotel bathrooms. Keep an open mind and search for markets that might view embroidered toilet paper as the perfect promotional item, something that sticks in the mind because it’s so unique.
WATCH THIS! You Can Embroider Toilet Paper. This short instructional video from Guys Can Sew provides a quick overview of how to embroider on a roll of toilet paper. Embroidered toilet paper can make a fun gag gift or holiday decoration – and it isn’t that hard to embroider. This video provides step-by-step instructions for embroidering toilet paper, as well as commentary on how and why the supplies and methods used were chosen. View the video at:
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
You have been successfully added to our mailing list, keeping you up-to-date with our latest news.