ASI’s Grade A Day for Education
We just enjoyed a milestone day in ASI’s education program. Monday, we “pinned” the first graduates of the Advertising Specialty Institute Certification Program and awarded them their certifications in a ceremony at The ASI Show in Orlando.
The certifications represent the industry equivalent of a bachelor’s or master’s degree. I was very proud to join ASI Chairman Norman Cohn, Vice-Chairman Matthew Cohn and Corporate Vice President Stephanie Cohn Schaeffer in getting my pin and certificate. To date, 29 industry pros have received either a Master of Advertising Specialty Information (MASI) or Bachelor of Advertising Specialty Information (BASI) certificate.
We launched this program to provide members with the skills they need to out-think, out-perform and out-service the competition. And we couldn’t be happier so many members are seizing the opportunity to set themselves apart through quality education.
So far, 3,327 industry professionals have registered for classes needed to obtain an ASI certification. In 2010 alone, 4,600 distributors took more than 16,000 live education courses at ASI trade shows, making ASI the largest educator in the $17 billion ad specialty industry. We take education very seriously: Each year, ASI commits $1.3 million to educate its members.
The following are now certified:
Master of Advertising Specialty Information
- Rodney French, of Quality Resource Group Inc. (asi/303015)
- Rodney Friese, of Magna-Tel Inc. (asi/68480)
- Leanne Heuring, of Magna-Tel Inc. (asi/68480)
- Kathy Lawrence, of Numo (asi/74710)
- Christine Marion, of EmbroidMe (asi/384000)
- Becky McMillan, of Magna-Tel Inc. (asi/68480)
- Todd Pottebaum, of Quality Resource Group Inc. (asi/303015)
- Cliff Quicksell, of Cliff Quicksell & Associates (asi/825111)
- Mindy Statler, of Magna-Tel Inc. (asi/68480)
- Mary Turner, of Magna-Tel Inc. (asi/68480)
Bachelor of Advertising Specialty Information
- Chris Babiash, of M.A. Apparel Inc. (asi/257814)
- Mike Beckman, of Proforma-BPM (asi/300094)
- Paula Braeuner, of Magna-Tel Inc. (asi/68480)
- Jessica Johnson, of Production Creek Specialty Advertising (asi/299743)
- Mark MacDougall, of Valley Graphics Ltd. (ais/350569)
- Dennis Pottebaum, of Quality Resource Group Inc. (asi/303015)
- Beth Robinson-Mungle, of Magna-Tel Inc. (asi/68480)
- Michelle Sherman-Cheng, of On3Tek, Inc. (asi/287739)
The Advertising Specialty Institute Certification Program is the industry’s only free certification program, created on a user-friendly digital platform. All courses are tracked automatically via a digital campus, so participants can easily access their transcripts and remaining course requirements.
Register here to get started taking your on-demand courses today.