A Test Of Leadership
Take Our Quiz To See How You Measure Up!
1.You’re trying to improve your company’s office culture. Which of the following activities do you plan for your staff?
- golf tournament
- square-dancing contest
- catered picnic
- wine tasting
2. Your company just lost an account because of a labeling mistake made by a brand-new hire in your warehouse. To demonstrate leadership, you should:
- demote the warehouse supervisor
- fire the worker directly responsible for the error
- both a and b
- punish no one
3. Two of your employees – one a salesperson and the other your CFO – ask to work from home one day each week. You should:
- let the salesperson work from home, but not your CFO
- let your CFO work from home, but not the salesperson
- let them both work from home
- think about it for a week
4. Your company just won an industry award for providing exceptional customer service. What should you do next?
- give your customer service team more comfortable chairs
- re-evaluate how your customer service department operates
- model other divisions after your customer service department
- ask top customer service personnel if they want to be salespeople
5. Your company is pitching a prospective client in two days, but the person heading up the presentation has come down with the flu. A strong leader would:
- personally fill in and lead the presentation
- reschedule the pitch
- delegate the work to another team member
- offer free flu shots to all employees
6. You find out your company has just suffered a data breach. The personal information of several customers was just hacked. What do you do?
- try to contain the damage to protect your firm’s reputation
- ask police to privately contact the affected customers
- send out a memo to employees and a press release about the incident
- all of the above
7. You ask your full-time employees to work 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. each day. What work schedule should you, the boss, keep?
- 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
8. Which of the following should you spend money on every year?
- improved technology
- employee surveys
- plaques for top performers
- client dinners
9. Hoping to spark sales, you’ve decided to re-brand your company. Your marketing department offers several ideas to help publicize the re-branding. Which one do you pick?
- launching a new website dedicated to testimonials and case studies
- giving discounts to any customer that “likes” your company on Facebook
- inviting media to your product showroom
- holding an online chat focused on future market trends
10. If you could design the perfect office for yourself, it would be most like which of the following?
- it would have a sofa, a TV and a refrigerator
- the walls would be glass so people could see in and you could see out
- it would be a simple cubicle
- your desk would be a Ping-Pong table
11. You hear a rumor that your company’s top competitor is tripling its staff and opening another office. What do you do?
- begin hiring more people
- hire someone to spy on your competitor’s CEO
- try to upstage your competitor by temporarily offering better pricing
- none of the above