Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest business-to-business media organization for the promotional product and advertising industry, offering award-winning publishing, marketing and ASI e-commerce services to over 27,000 members. We produce catalogs, directories, newsletters, magazines, web sites, databases and cutting-edge interactive business tools.
Awarded one of the 'Best Places to Work' on the Philadelphia Business Journal's list of mid-size businesses for providing exceptional benefits and programs for our employees. We also employ the latest technologies while maintaining a family-friendly environment for nearly 400 employees, headquartered in Trevose, PA. We offer on-site gym, day care, car wash/detail and café. Visit us at www.asicentral.com.
This position reports to the Executive Information Technology Director, and will work closely with the Systems Architects and Business Application group, as well as 3rd party development consultants and Vendors. The Information Technology Department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives the organizations business systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, support and training of client/server/GUI and WEB or PC-based applications.
• Plan, design, schedule, write, and debug database stored procedures and complex queries to extract, calculate or manipulate information
• Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
• Customizes packaged software to increase application effectiveness.
• Provides on-going maintenance support for specifically assigned systems including, but not limited to, upgrading to new releases and installation of patches.
• Supports production systems by helping resolve problems, providing timely follow-up on problem report, optimizing performance and streamlining processes
• Analyzes requirements, design and develop prototype and work with the users/business analyst to fine tune the application and make recommendations.
• Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
• Should have a minimum of 2-4 years of programming experience, degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
• Good background in Data Base design and working knowledge of relational databases SQLServer and Transact-SQL
• Must be able to analyze and research third party code, and modify the code where necessary to satisfy company needs.
• Must learn and develop working knowledge of third party development tools to modify existing code, produce new code and screens, and modify databases.
ASI offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO) and much more. Visit our company career web site at www.asicareers.com. Take this opportunity to join our successful team! Apply today! EOE m/f/d/v.