An important message from Tim Andrews, ASI’s president and chief executive officer.
Dear promotional products colleague:
I want to thank everyone for the incredible response to ASI’s call for assistance for the hundreds of thousands of people in the Gulf region whose lives have forever been changed by Hurricane Harvey and its aftermath. Your generous contributions of cash, products and volunteer time are truly moving.
Here’s a brief update:
As of Wednesday, ASI members have contributed a total of $41,095 to the American Red Cross, Houston Food Bank and/or Food Bank of Corpus Christi. With ASI’s match of up to $25,000, we will have raised $66,095 for disaster relief. The need for cash contributions continues, while the need for clothing donations specifically has largely stopped.
If you make a cash contribution and wish to be counted in ASI’s matching fund drive, please attach your receipt(s) and email it to HarveyRelief@asicentral.com showing your contributions, which may be to any of the following:
- The American Red Cross accepts donations on its website, or text HARVEY to 90999 to donate.
- The Houston Food Bank and the Food Bank of Corpus Christi, helping provide children, families and seniors in southeast Texas with much-needed food, water and supplies.
The total donations include $10,000 to the Houston Food Bank from Barry and Deb Lipsett, owners of Charles River Apparel (asi/44620). The company is also delivering a van full of supplies to Houston, and then donating the van to an animal rescue organization.
Numerous industry companies have jumped in to help, including Liqui-Mark (asi/67675), which shipped over $10,000 in packaged retail school supplies to help children starting school in Houston. Below is a partial list of those still collecting, along with their specific needs (Please note: Shelters are currently turning away clothing donations, with the only exception being undergarments).
Jeanna Abercrombie of Pepco Poms (asi/77280) of Houston – whose facility is fine – is collecting school supplies and children’s clothing to help families and employees in two nearby small towns hit hard by the flooding. Jeanna is collecting the specific items below:
- Walmart gift cards (so families can shop for themselves)
- School supplies like notebooks, pens, markers, crayons etc.
- Kid’s shoes, T-shirts, shorts, socks and underwear, preferably new
- Men’s and women’s underwear
- Socks (all sizes)
- Men’s shorts
- Cleaning products (Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, Kleenex)
Mark the boxes with whatever is inside and ship to:
School Relief Efforts
Pepco Promotional Products
9611 Highway 60 South
Lane City, TX 77453
If you have questions, email Jeanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, Peter Hirsch, president of Hirsch Gift (asi/61005) in Houston is still collecting SPECIFIC items the company will personally deliver to those in need. Hirsch is NOT accepting cash. They need ONLY the items below, and ask donations be received by THIS Friday, September 8:
- Trash Bags
- Respirator Masks
- Rubber Gloves
- Work Gloves (for handling heavy-duty materials)
- Liquid Household Cleaners (especially Mold Control and other mold and mildew stain removers)
- Laundry Detergent
- Air Freshener
- 5-Gallon Buckets
- Brooms and Mops
- Student Backpacks
- Glue Sticks
- Preschool Games
- Bandages and Band-Aids
- OTC Pain Medicine: Tylenol / Aleve / Advil
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Toothbrushes / Toothpaste
- Shaving Cream and Razors for men and women
- NEW Undergarments
- Baby Bottles and Extra Nipples
- Baby Wipes
- Ziploc Bags
When shipping to Hirsch Gift, please clearly label the box “Harvey Relief” and include 2 packing lists of the items: one taped to the box and another inside the box. Ship to:
Hirsch Gift/Hurricane Relief
5121 Ashbrook Dr.
Houston, TX 77081
If you have any questions about Hirsch Gift’s efforts, please email email@example.com.
ASI’s entire staff is also ready to help any impacted industry company in any way possible. Click here to visit a dedicated portion of our website for a constantly updated list of statuses of affected businesses.
We continue to provide updates through Counselor PromoGram about our industry’s response to this tragedy and the unfolding situation with Hurricane Irma – one of the most powerful Atlantic storms ever recorded, which could make landfill in Florida this weekend. Our own Chris Ruvo (@ChrisR_ASI), Counselor executive editor, will report from Houston next week on industry companies impacted by Harvey, so look for his posts and stories.
Finally, I appreciate the hundreds of emails personally received from ASI members about our efforts. I thank you for your notes, and I’ve tried to answer any that required a response. If you still require information specifically from me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other needs/questions:
- If you’re a supplier who wants to post a message for the industry on ASICentral.com, please email ASI at email@example.com.
- If you’re a distributor and need help connecting with a supplier or would like product research or other assistance, please email ASI at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free (844) 334-3008.
- Impacted customers who need immediate, short-term help hosting anything in ASI’s data center or who need free technical expertise can email ASI’s chief technology officer at Armughan.email@example.com.
- ASI will also replace, at no cost, any of its products and services lost by members in the disaster. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what was lost and the shipping address for replacements.
On behalf of the hundreds of thousands of people who will be helped by your contributions, I say thank you for everything – we are indeed part of a very special community.