Bra-shaped lapel pin and pink mini football help promote breast cancer awareness
TREVOSE, PA – October 21, 2013 –The Advertising Specialty Institute® (ASI) today released its annual top 10 list of pink-themed products used to help promote breast cancer awareness.
Throughout October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month numerous non-profit organizations give away pink-themed products during fundraising events. Goody bags handed out by organizers often contain useful logoed items for walkers and runners, such as an umbrella in case of rain, bottled water or a pedometer.
The American Cancer Society estimates it generates a fifth of its annual revenues in October through sponsorships of live events like Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Even the National Football League thinks pink through its “Crucial Catch” program highlighting the importance of annual screenings.
“One of the best ways to spread important messages about breast cancer research and prevention is through promotional products handed out at fund-raising walks and runs,” said Timothy M. Andrews, president and chief executive officer of ASI. “The products on ASI’s pink-themed list serve as constant reminders to fund important programs and get regular check-ups.”
Click here to watch a video demo of ASI’s top 10 list of pink-themed promo products:
- Bra-Shaped Lapel Pin, from Pinnovative Designs. Blinged-out metal bra that comes with imprintable comment card.
- Recycled Clutch, from Helping Hands Rewards. In pink. Crafted by Honduran artists using recycled can tabs.
- Spirit Towel, from Pepco Poms. Local businesses can give to fans before games, with imprinted reminders about importance of breast cancer screening visible all year.
- Therm Tumbler, from Best Promotions. Decorate with “Fight Cancer” message.
- Polo, from Ash City. High-tech moisture-wicking, anti-bacterial shirts health center staffers can wear throughout October.
- Tote, from Sweda Co. Quilted with padded bottom. Great for stashing gear during fund-raising events.
- Cup Coolie, from Best Promotions. “Hope Lives Here” message continually reinforced with use.
- Pink Mini Football, from Pepco Poms. Giveaway that serve as constant reminders of breast cancer research.
- Bottle Coolie, from Best Promotions. Features a rhinestone message.
- Cap, from Ash City. Perfect for warding off sun during outdoor charity runs and walks.
The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI; www.asicentral.com) is the largest media, marketing and education organization serving the promotional products industry, with a network of over 25,000 distributors and suppliers throughout North America.