ASI Magazines Win Three More Prominent National Awards
Stitches and Wearables named finalists for Magazine of the Year
TREVOSE, PA - August 8, 2013 - The Advertising Specialty Institute® (ASI) today announced four of its magazines won a total of three national and six regional awards from the American Society of Business Publication Editors in one of the nation’s largest business publication competitions. In addition, Stitches® was named runner-up and Wearables® was honored as a top 10 in the competition for magazine of the year.
ASI publications deliver outstanding editorial content to suppliers, distributors and decorators in the $19.4 billion advertising specialty industry. ASBPE is a professional educational and networking association for business-to-business writers, editors and designers. The 2013 National Azbee Awards of Excellence winners and finalists were honored along with regional winners at the ASBPE National Conference and Awards banquet in Chicago. ASI magazines competed against publications like Inc. and Computerworld.
“We are at a critical juncture in B2B publishing, and the industry is rapidly evolving to reflect advancements in digital media technology,” said Amy Fischbach, ASBPE’s outgoing national president. “This year’s national award winners should be commended for their strong commitment to their readers and site visitors and their pursuit for excellence.”
Since 2004, ASI publications have been honored with 102 editorial and design awards. Melinda Ligos is editor in chief of all ASI magazines, and senior vice president of professional development.
Timothy M. Andrews, president and chief executive officer of ASI, congratulated the talented editors, writers, designers and photographers whose creativity and dedication continually set them apart from any other industry publication. “These awards showcase the incredible efforts of a terrific team,” Andrews said. “No other industry publication has ever won a single national award – let alone dozens. I couldn’t be more proud.”
The national award winners and finalists are:
Stitches, edited by Nicole Rollender
- Runner-up for Magazine of the Year
- Bronze for Best Original Research, for “State of the Industry” issue, a four-part guide with 22 proven success strategies to keep decorating companies profitable and results of Stitches’ exclusive industry survey, by Nicole Rollender, Christopher Ruvo, Larry Basinait, Jim Lang and Hillary Haught
Wearables, edited by C.J. Mittica
- Top 10 Magazine of the Year
Counselor, edited by Andy Cohen
- Silver for Best How-To Article , “17 Ways To Raise Capital,” a how-to guide for businesses on raising capital through conventional and out-of-the-box means, written by Dave Vagnoni
- Bronze for Best Regular Department for “Case Studies” by Dave Vagnoni, Shane Dale, Jen Vishnevsky, Betsy Cummings, Alex Palmer and Andy Cohen
The Northeast regional winners are:
- Gold for Graphic Excellence for fall fashion preview opening page/spread photo by Mark Pricskett
- Bronze for Editorial Excellence for the feature article, “Made in America,” an examination of the root causes allowing domestic apparel manufacturers to thrive here at home, written by C.J. Mittica, Christopher Ruvo and Sara Lavenduski
- Bronze for Graphics Excellence for front cover photo of the style issue by Mark Pricskett
- Gold for Editorial Excellence for “Ask the Expert” column by Erich Campbell and Kristine Shreve
- Silver for Graphic Excellence for publication redesign
Advantages®, edited by Kathy Huston
ASI publishes seven catalogs, five magazines and seven newsletters. ASI’s magazine circulation is audited and growing, and Counselor’s collection of top lists are now the industry standard.
To learn more about ASI’s publications, contact Melinda Ligos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest media, marketing and education organization serving the promotional products industry, with a network of over 25,000 distributors and suppliers throughout North America. ASI leads the industry in technology solutions, providing cloud-based e-commerce, enterprise resource planning software (ERP) and customer relationship management software (CRM). ESP Web® is the industry’s leading tool for sourcing hundreds of thousands of products. A family-owned business since 1962, ASI also provides online research, marketing, advertising opportunities, trade shows, education, award-winning magazines, newsletters, custom websites and catalogs to help members sell, market and promote their brands. Visit ASI at www.asicentral.com and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and the CEO’s blog.