Golf discs, sunblock hats, art kites and impressionable flip-flops hit ASI's top 10 hot list
TREVOSE, PA - June 23, 2011 - The Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) today released its annual top 10 list of hottest summer products putting the sizzle into ad campaigns, promoting everything from beach resorts and golf outings to company picnics and swim clubs.
The list includes flying golf discs for the newest sports craze sweeping college campuses and the suburbs, humungous beach towels, collapsible coolers and kites that make an artful impression.
According to the Professional Disc Golf Association, the game is played much like traditional golf, but instead of a ball and clubs, players use a flying disc. The object is to complete each hole in the fewest number of throws, instead of strokes.
“There are 92 days in summer, and the promotional products industry makes every one count with imprintable items that make a big splash in marketing and ad campaigns designed to showcase any company or event,” said Timothy M. Andrews, president and chief executive officer of ASI. “By capitalizing on new trends, the industry remains on advertising’s cutting edge.”
The Top 10 List of Sizzling Summer Products:
- Disc Golf, from Par One (asi/75912). Unique discs come with super grip and a large imprint area to promote summer games.
- Sunblock Hat, from Whispering Pines Sportswear (asi/97027). Make like a true Aussie and beat the sun with a UPF 45+ cap, perfect for golf outings and beach resort companies.
- Quick ’n Slick Sauce Brushes, from Bay State (asi/38980). The silicone brush spreads sauces smooth and easy without dripping. Great food industry giveaway.
- Big Beach Towel, from Professional Towel Line (asi/79750). Super-size messages from real estate companies serving beach areas and resorts with a 35" x 60" cotton terry beach towel.
- Fiji Thong Flip-Flops, from Neet Feet (asi/73525). Ideal for spas or the discerning traveler. Leaves imprinted logo or company name in the sand as you walk.
- Golf Dotz, from Pure Brands Management Inc. (asi/80083). Make like a pro and transfer logo directly onto any golf ball. Super for corporate promotions, tournaments and giveaways.
- BrandRims Sunglasses, from BrandRims (asi/41541). Provides complete coverage of logo and designs across the entire sunglass frame, for any sporting event or company picnic.
- The Art Kite, from The Art Kite (asi/37118). Poster art that flies. Fly it, then hang it on the wall to show off logo or color photo for years to come.
- Grill Mitt, from The ETC Line (asi/36558). A 16" super mitt that will protect users from fingertip to elbow. Fire companies can give it away to promote fire safety.
- Bucket Cooler, from The Bag Factory (asi/68507). Lays flat for easy storage, then pops open for tailgating, trips to the beach or backyard grilling. Ideal for “cool” promotions.
Click here to watch a Joe Show demo of the products. Click here for photos and complete product descriptions. To buy products, please check with your local distributor.
The Advertising Specialty Institute is the largest education, media and marketing organization serving the advertising specialty industry, with a membership of over 26,000 distributor firms (sellers) and supplier firms (manufacturers) of advertising specialties. Supplier firms use ASI print and electronic resources to market products to over 23,000 ASI distributor firms. Distributor firms use ASI print and electronic resources, which contain nearly every product in the industry from more than 3,200 reputable suppliers, to locate supplier firms and to market services to buyers. ASI provides catalogs, information directories, newsletters, magazines, websites and databases, and offers e-commerce, marketing and selling tools. Visit ASI at www.asicentral.com, and on Facebook, Twitter , LinkedIn, YouTube and the CEO’s blog.